Thursday, January 14, 2010

lion house rolls

today was the day for yet another attempt...my first attempt at rolls. so after discussing the topic thoroughly with my mom (thanks mom!), she led me to a great recipe for lion house rolls, which you can find by clicking here.

overall, it went fairly well. though...as this is a learning process, i will say that i let them rise too long (due to the roast that was in the oven, taking up space, at the wrong temperature...oh well). it turned out to be a mostly cosmetic problem, resulting in an uneven texture on the top of the rolls. but the texture and taste was fabulous.

mmmmmmmm......


and yes, if you've done the math, this means that hubby and i will be eating 2 dozen rolls...all by ourselves. mmmmm...time to get back on the bike! (more to come on the bike...just in case you're curious.)

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I have such a hard time with rolls, well really any yeast bread. I think my house is just too cold for baking. That's what I keep telling myself, but it's really that I'm just not patient enough.

    ReplyDelete