so...i have a plethora of tomatoes (see the future post on the garden...that's a attempt for sure!). and in trying to be domestic/frugal/un-wasteful i decided to make sun-dried tomatoes. easy. right.
actually, not so hard. i...
1. quartered my juliet tomatoes (a cross between a roma and a cherry...according to me)
2. placed them skin down on a piece of foil that was covering my pan
3. interspersed unpeeled garlic cloves
4. salted and peppered liberally
5. drizzled with olive oil
6. put in the oven @ 225F for 6 hours
7. checked them a few times
8. left them in for the full 6 hours (ignoring my intuition to take them out sooner)
9. removed burnt sun-dried tomatoes from the oven
10. curbed my disappointment
so, really it wasn't that hard, and my ingredients were mostly from my garden, so i didn't waste that much. and i learned that you should always follow your intuition. the end.