Monday, January 2, 2012

and the stockings were hung...

this is the first year in many that i haven't been in the middle of thesis research, coursework, or getting ready for a Christmas baby...so i decided i'd load on the projects! 

two of my most Christmas themed projects were a Christmas table runner for my mother-in-law.  {i love how it turned out.}


and stockings.  i didn't really know what i was getting myself into...they were a lot of work, but i enjoyed the process {for the most part} and LOVE how they turned out.  i've got enough fabric to make a few more for any future kiddos...so these will last our family for quite some time {hopefully forever}.


anyways...it was a crafty Christmas...and i think that made it even more fun than usual!

5 comments:

  1. I love what you made! You make me want to quilt something...not that I've ever quilted before, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica! You are such a talented girl! I wish I would have know about these beautiful projects before the NEw Years Even party and I would have made you bring them so I could OOh and AHH over them. Do you have a quilting machine or do you take them somewhere to be quilted? Post about more items you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table runner is really nice. It made my table look very festive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lindsey...I have a needle that attaches to my regular machine. It's a free motion quilting needle...nothing too special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-MAZING job Jessica! I bow to you and your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete